Important Reminder: You now have less than 48 hours to put in your entries for our Grand Opening giveaways!
- One of our favorite books, plus swag
- One of Kelley’s favorite books, plus swag
- A bundle of awesome swag
- One of our favorite books
- One of Asti’s favorite books
- One of Leanne’s favorite books
Get in while you still can!
In Case You Missed It
Here’s all the stuff that we posted this week.
- Kelley lauded author events in her rebuttal to Leanne’s confession to disliking them.
- Leanne challenged herself to some bookish spring cleaning.
- Kelley shared all the books, movies, and events she’s looking forward to in April.
- Asti posted her personal goals for LGBT month.
- Kelley’s mini reviews for books she read in February went up.
- Our first Oh, the Books! Bookish Guide went live — this month we’re recommending YA books with strong female friendships!
- Asti shared what it’s like as a publishing marketing intern.
- Asti also stopped by Artsy Musings of a Bibliophile to discuss a trend alert: YA adventures in parts.
Our Lives This Week
This week has been… a week? I don’t even know what to say about it aside from the fact that I’m exhausted. In good news, I’m back at Random House Children’s Publishers working as a marketing intern. Started on Tuesday and will make them suffer my existence for another two weeks. I’m loving it, but the two hour journey there and two hour journey back means I have absolutely no energy to do anything else during my days.
Oh, but I did get some exciting mail this week! The first is a super-epic tshirt sent to me by my lovely co-blogger Kelley. As my new Bookish Games sidekick, she has been amazing at coming up with ideas to make the games a little more fun – you’ll see most of it next week when the games finally start! One of her funnest ideas were these tshirts! The winners of the next Bookish Games will get tshirts that say they’re SURVIVORS! And to test it out, we ordered one for me that says EVIL MASTERMIND. It’s good to give everyone a warning.
Aside from the tshirt, I was also sent another postcard from the lovely Abria. Her postcards are always so fun to receive because she often writes them as if she were a character. I’ll open my mailbox, see my address on this postcard but then have no idea what the sender is talking about, and then slowly realize that it must be from her. It feels naughty in a way – reading a postcard that doesn’t seem to be for you (but is actually for a fictional person)! Anyways, you should check out her Tumblr where she shares her postcards (and you can request one yourself).
This week has been crazy busy! It seems like every week is really, and it’s just crazy busy in different areas so that I can’t quite get a rhythm to get ahead. I’m even down to only posting once a week certain weeks, but I’m finally catching up on comments! Phew.
Seriously, this is ALL you need to know about my entire week, right here: